Home / History

History

The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada (BGCSNV) is a member of the Boys & Girls Club of America – an organization with more than 150 years of success helping children and teens reach their full potential.

In 1959, a group of concerned community leaders had the vision to create a safe and positive place for young people. This vision quickly became reality, and the first, “Boys Club” opened in North Las Vegas and initially served 50 members. It would be 30 years later when the national organization would rename itself to Boys & Girls Club of America.

Now more than 60 years later, BGCSNV serves more than 1,500 youth a day, ages 6 – 18, across 13 locations throughout Southern Nevada. Through a variety of activities and research-based programs and curricula in five core program areas, the BGCSNV works to promote character and leadership; education and career development; health and life skills; appreciation for the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.

BGCSNV fills the gap between home and school by providing a welcoming, positive environment where kids and teens have fun, participate in life-changing programs, and build supportive relationships with peers and caring adults. With proven effectiveness and tremendous support from the community, we have been successful at responding to the needs of today’s young people.

« of 15 »